Horsin’ Around Summer Camps
All camps are for children with or without special needs and will include daily riding lessons taught by a PATH Certified Instructor, basic horsemanship skills, horse crafts, games and a horse show on the last day so campers can strut their stuff and show everyone what they learned! The low camper-to-staff ratio, plus specially trained horses and volunteers, allows us to meet each child’s specific needs and create a positive camp experience for every camper.
The giant ceiling fans in our indoor arena help keep riders cool even in the hottest weather, while our air-conditioned lodge offers campers a cool place to do crafts and play games. We also have an outdoor arena and riding trails to explore if the weather permits.
2016 Horsin' Around at Midnight Farm Camp Dates and Information
Junior Camp is a half day horsemanship camp for children ages 6-8 with little or no previous horse experience.
We also have Junior Camp spots available for older children who cannot do full-day camps. Contact us for more information at: email@example.com.
Maximum 12 campers. Camp fee is $185, this includes riding lessons, crafts, camp t-shirt, and snacks.
Junior Camp dates are:
June 6-10, 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
June 27-July 1, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Registration deadline is May 19th.
Horsemanship Camp is open to campers ages 8—16. This full day camp is geared toward the beginning rider with little or no previous horse experience. Maximum 16 campers. Camp fee is $375, this includes riding lessons, crafts, camp t-shirt, and snacks.
Horsemanship Camp dates are:
June 13-17, 10a.m.-4p.m. Age 8-16
July 11-15, 10a.m.-4p.m. Age 8-16
Registration deadline is May 19th.
Please complete our Camp Application: Horsin' Around at Midnight Farm
Once your application is complete,please download and have a healthcare professional complete and sign the Physician's Statement Form
*A 50% deposit is required with the application to hold your child's spot. The completed physicians statement and final payment are due by the camp registration deadlines above.
Horsin' Around Camp Payments
After completing the online Camp Application, please submit a 50% deposit to secure your spot. The deposit can be paid online here:
Payments can also be made at the farm with a Credit Card or can be mailed. Checks should be made to: CLO's Midnight Farm and mailed to the address on the right.
Registration can not be guaranteed until deposit is received. The balance is due by the camp registration deadline listed above.
*10% discount for current Midnight Farm riders, second child from same family, second camp for the same child and all CLO employee and active volunteer families.
Scholarships for camps are available based on financial need. To request a scholarship please download a Scholarship Application .
Return completed application to :
Horsin' Around Camp
2084-B N. 600 Rd.
Baldwin City, KS 66006
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Camp Information:
- The final day of each camp (Friday) will culminate with a Horse Show to showcase the camper’s new skills. Show details will be made available the first day of camp. Family and friends are encouraged to attend the Horse Show.
- All riders will be required to wear a helmet when mounted. Helmets will be provided.
- Campers may come dressed in typical summer clothing, but will need to bring a pair of long pants for riding. Closed toe shoes are required at all times as we go in and out of the barn frequently. CAMPERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED IN THE BARN WITHOUT APPROPRIATE FOOTWEAR! (tennis shoes or boots)
- Campers will need to bring a sack lunch each day. (Optional for Jr. Campers)
- Midnight Farm will provide daily snacks and water.
- Please apply sunscreen and bug spray as needed prior to arriving at camp as some activities may be outdoors.